Happy Friday everyone! I am so thankful that it’s the weekend! I don’t know about you, but this has been a long week. A good week, but a long one for sure.
Alright, let’s get into my 5 facts about myself for this Friday.
1. I did gymnastics for 12 years.
- If you read my Facts for Friday last week, you know that I work at my family’s business which is a gymnastics training center. Before coaching gymnastics I was a competitive gymnast. I competed up to level 9 and quit when I was 15.
That’s me when I was 6 and I had just made it to the competition level 🙂
2. I was not a very fashionable child.
- Being a gymnast, all I cared about wearing was ponytails and leotards. I didn’t understand the need for real pants or shirts. I didn’t really start caring about what I wore until I was about 14. And even then, I was not good at it. I didn’t become “good” at fashion until I was somewhere around 16 or 17.
3. My mother is a super shopper.
- My mom loves shopping. I get it from her, but another thing I learned from her is to find a good deal. She is the reason I never buy items at full price. She taught me my recessionista ways.
4. I was homeschooled basically all of my life.
- When I tell people this they are usually surprised. They say something like, “You don’t seem like a homeschooler”. I assume this is a compliment. Me and my two sisters were homeschooled due to our practice schedule for gymnastics. We were not your typical home school family with the 15 passenger bus and 13 kids to fill it up. We had a busy schedule and my mom figured we could get more done in the day if we didn’t spend 7 hours at school. When I got to my junior year of high school I started duel enrolling at the local community college in my area, which led me to graduate early from USF with a degree in Public Relations.
5. I just started blogging in May.
- I had been wanting to start a real fashion blog for about 2 years, but kept making the excuse that I didn’t have enough time to commit to it. That was until my good friend, Rechael Roe of A Day Dream Love started her blog. When I would read her posts I started wanting more and more to start blogging. I finally committed to blogging and I love it!
These are my 5 facts for Friday.