Guys, last night I did something amazing. I don’t know if it’s been done before (it probably has), but it was incredible. I found a way to fry tacos!
Me and my hubby love tacos, so instead of making the same old tacos, I put a new twist on them last night.
I call these Tacoritto’s because it tastes like a taco, but it’s all nice and rolled up like a burrito 🙂
I got inspiration for this recipe from the Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls I made for the Noles game a couple of weeks ago.
Here’s what you need for about 20 Tacoritto’s…
● 1 lb. Cooked and seasoned taco meat (I use ground turkey)
● 2 Cups Cheese (you probably don’t need this much, but better safe than sorry)
● 1/2 Sour Cream
● 1 Cup Lettuce
● 20 Egg Roll Wrappers
● 1 Wisked Egg
● Vegetable Oil for frying
This recipe can be done in 3 simple steps!
1. Lay out egg roll wrapper and spoon all of your toppings into it (taco meat, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce).
2. Line the edges of the wrapper with egg wash and roll it up.
3. Place the roll in vegetable oil until it browns and then flip it. Once it is golden brown remove it from the oil and place it on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
Here are all of the steps in pictures!
These things are delicious! This dish is a great finger food for hosting parties or to accompany some rice and beans for dinner.